Jump start your college career with a FREE course!*
COL 110 pairs with Familias Unidas to support the student and their guardians to ensure academic success.
- COL110 is held November 9 - December 19 and will be virtual, with some real-time interaction
- Three credits can be applied toward degree/majors at many institutions
- 21st Century Scholars: ScholarTrack requirements met through this program!
- Familias Unidas mentors families about a students transition from high school to college (sessions will be 100 percent in Spanish)
*This course is open to all students, and 21st Century Scholars/GEAR Up/first-generation students and families are strongly encouraged to apply.
After you select apply, you will need to create an account and select that you intend to enlist as a High School Dual Credit Program student to enroll in COL 110.
November 9 - December 19
If you are a spring 2021 high school graduate and plan on attending college in August, plan to participate in our FREE college course designed especially for you.
Get the support you need to reach your college goals
- There is NO COST TO YOU. The class runs for six weeks and you can attend in "real time" or work on your own when it fits your schedule.
- Explore and develop the skills needed to be successful in college
What can you expect?
College is different than high school and Marian University and Saint Joe Indy are committed to helping you learn how to navigate the college experience. Our faculty members are dedicated to your success and will help you understand what to expect your first year of college. During this virtual course, you will have the opportunity to meet other students starting their first year of college, and much more. The course is designed for:
- Flexibility. This virtual course offers you the option to meet in real time. You can interact with peers, Marian University student leaders, and your faculty member. Need some flexibility, if you have other commitment during this time, you can complete work when it best suits your needs. However, all assignment and papers must be submitted by December 19.
- Exploration. Explore your future career options by meeting career professionals from the Indianapolis, MU and SJI community.
- Development. Develop the skills necessary to be successful at the college level. In addition to the faculty, the course will have current college students available to answer your questions, share their experiences, and support you.
- Enhancement. Enhance your writing skills and critical thinking through our "write to learn" curriculum.
Students who want to participate in the COL 110 course should have reliable access to a computer with broadband connections.
Students who participate in the COL 110 course will complete assignments through Canvas, Marian University's and St. Joseph's College-Indianapolis learning management software.