Graduates of the Ed.D. program will be prepared to mobilize others, lead change, and manage educational systems. Ed.D. students may also choose to pursue superintendent licensure as part of their degree. Indiana District Level Administrator Superintendent licensure prepares you for a leadership role in your school district, network, or diocese.
Professionals from diverse industries and domains—from healthcare to technology to government to clergy—will benefit from this doctoral program. Indianapolis, specifically, and Indiana, in general, are seeing enormous growth in a variety of sectors where skilled leadership development personnel are needed. In 2017, the Brookings Institute found that Indianapolis is among the fastest-growing metropolitan areas for tech-related jobs. And in 2019, Zippia, The Career Expert, utilized data sourced from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to report that seven out of the ten of the fastest-growing occupations in Indianapolis are in health care.
To be eligible for admission to this program, applicants must:
- have a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a graduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- participate in a phone interview.
- complete the leadership scenario.
- complete a face-to-face interview.
How to apply
Go to marian.edu/applynow and click the link for "graduate students" to complete your application.
- Submit official transcripts from every college and/or university that you've attended. (Official transcripts are sent directly to Marian University from the schools, either delivered in a sealed envelope or electronically directly from the school. Official transcripts may be printed on special paper. They are also embossed with the school's official seal. If you have opened the transcript's sealed envelope, it is NOT official and we cannot accept it.)
- Submit a professional resume or CV.
- Provide us with two letters of recommendation from professional references.
- Provide us with a writing sample (i.e. academic paper, published article, etc.).
Visit the Business Office "tuition rates for 2020-21" page for tuition rates.
Learn more about our doctorate in organizational leadership!
Marian University’s organizational leadership doctoral program provides working adults with the skills they need to exercise leadership and pursue advanced leadership positions in their organizations. Interested in learning more? Request more information today!